Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Want to buy a new GTR but wondering... - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
dragos.stroescu
Registered Member

Thumbs down Want to buy a new GTR but wondering...

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody is able to give some feedback about being or not a wise decision to buy a GTR in Romania.

We do not have yet (...) a GTR enabled Nissan service and thus the nearest one is in the neighboring country at about 1000 Km...

So is that a wise decision? Is anybody in a similar situation regarding the distance to the service? What about ordering parts when in trouble?

Also, the car I want to buy is an new one (about 200 miles on board) but advices are always welcome!

Thank to all!
Dragos
dragos.stroescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Try contacting the guys in the Malaysia, Spain, and other regional owners sections of this website. I think they were in similar situations to you.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
discodan
Registered 911 Terminator

Dragos,

Personally you must make good considerations on this topic - and you are doing that.

It is no secret that the GTR comes with a wrath of specialty knowledge that pre-selected individuals within Nissan dealerships are trained for. Along with this training comes special tools and equipment to perform the necessary services/repairs as required. The investment in these things is what makes a High Performance Centre in Nissan dealerships.

Now I understand that you don't have this locally - however the above may answer why. However here is some feedback regarding interval servicing for you to consider firstly:

1) Engine oil must be changed every 5000 km or 6 months (whichever first). The oil is Mobil 1 - available from most Auto shops the world over and if you're okay with motor mechanic basics then you can get away with doing this yourself. Remember to buy enough oil!
2) Specialty oils - transmission and differentials are also due to be changed. The duration of these however is a variable. If you drive the car regularly with modest 'intensity', then you should have to replace these oils every 15,000km. If you oils however reach high temperatures and are maintained (eg racing for an hour plus) then they should be changed straight away. Now replacement of these oils is not straight forward. Firstly you need to either use the standard Nissan oils (quite expensive) or alternatives (many are recommending Willall). You can price this at the site sponsor Speed For Sale. There are some links on the forum for people who have done this if you wish to try yourself and need guidance. However for the best of times you'll need a professional who know's what he is doing.

There is also the yearly suspension checks - included with new purchase price of a GTR from a certified dealer - that make a series of checks on the suspension. This must be done on the proper alignment rig, specially prepared for a GTR.

The reason why I am giving you all of this detail is so you can think about the level of commitment you will need to make given your current situation. Personally, is the car worth it? Yes, however is it worth the drive every time - that is a big choice. I personally live in the part of the world where customer service and quality of service are sometimes almost no existent. However, I look past this and think that I happy to be lucky enough to own a car that not only is amazing to drive, has an exclusivity that Porsche's and other's don't have; plus an great community of other owners like the ones on this forum!

I'm happy to give you more info, just PM if needed.

Good luck,

DD.

Sold MB SLK55, previous life... R32 Skyline GTR with T78 single turbo conversion, OS Giken head and 720bhp.

Oh no, what have I done.... will I not learn... R35 now with Exhaust and intake!
discodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Well said...
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
novagtr
2010 GTR Premium

dragos:
Assuming an authorized GTR dealership is within two (2) hours drive from where you live, then purchase your new GTR from that dealership and make certain that dealership will provide you with cost-free car to drive while your GTR would be there for service.
If you are not purchasing the GTR from the closest authorized dealership or if you are purchasing a used GTR, then again, my advice would be to contact the closest authorized GTR dealership/service center and ensure that you would provided a free car while your GTR would be serviced.
Considering how expensive the GTR is to maintain, the free car for it's service should not a problem.
Hopefully this helps and good luck!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Also, if buying a used 2009, be sure to have a certified GT-R mechanic first check the "black box" to confirm that the trans was not "abused" by launching it with the VDC turned off.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
JoeCaMotto
Registered Member

Wink

There are guy's in Romania with GT-R's and there is a performance shops in Bucuresti who works on these cars. Check out the link i posted.
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....omanian+owners

02 Ducati 998S Bostrom Edition
06 BMW M5 Silverstone/Black {sold}
03 BMW M5 BlueWater/Silverstone
JoeCaMotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
dragos.stroescu
Registered Member

Hi guys!
Thank you all for the advices.
I am currently a happy owner of a new Nissan GTR!
dragos.stroescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #9
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Congrats! Welcome to the big boy club.
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote